Recently, we have received a high volume of feedback that scammers are trying to induce users to withdraw assets from Huobi Wallet and deposit into fake platforms under the name of "token exchange," through text messages, emails, and other means.
Most common scams
- Scammers pass themselves off as our Customer Service staff to deceive Huobi Wallet users. They will transfer "USDT" tokens to users' wallets (however, the "USDT" tokens are fake with no value) to win their trust. After gaining users’ trust, the scammers would coax users to withdraw their assets from Huobi Wallet to the address provided.
Most common scammer phrases
- "Huobi Wallet no longer provides services to customers in Mainland China, please log in promptly and withdraw your tokens to the XXX platform, URL****."
- "Please log in to **** and convert your address to another overseas address in time."
Huobi Wallet would like to remind all users that the platform will never send text messages asking them to withdraw tokens, or make private transfers and withdrawals.
Ways to protect yourself:
- Please take care of your assets. Once withdrawn and deposited to an address, your assets will be transferred to the address. It is difficult to get them back.
- Please do not read text messages or click on links contained in emails from an unfamiliar party, or answer calls without a displayed number.
- Please do not provide important information such as private keys or recovery phrases to strangers or third parties.
If you receive suspicious text messages, phone calls, or emails, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for verification.
Oct. 28, 2021